Instagram is one of the most popular social networks. Around 1.2 billion users worldwide spend approx. 1 hour a day on the network. Instagram is a platform for sharing images and videos. About 1000 posts are published every second. And, Instagram keeps on growing rapidly.
Instagram offers 3 different profile types: Business, Creator and Personal. Especially the Business Account offers a lot of options for example placing ads or creating an online shop on Instagram. You can also simplify contact for your followers with a special contact button, add personal or business information, and many things more. Convert your Personal Account into a Business Account to benefit from all advantages. No matter if you use Instagram as a communication channel for personal purposes or as a freelancer, entrepreneur, business, company, or expert.
In this blog post, I’ll show you
- the differences and benefits of the profile types
- why the Business Account may be the best solution and
- how you can save time for your Instagram posts by using Blog2Social.
You can choose between the following profile types:
The Personal Account, or the Standard Account, is used for private purposes. The private account type allows editing and uploading photos and videos and interacting with other users and followers. These followers are, for example, friends, family members, or colleagues too with which you send each other posts such as funny memes or interesting news. In the biography, you can place some information about you and a link.
Nevertheless, there are 2 features that are only available for Personal Accounts:
- Private Profile: With a Personal Account you can decide if your profile should be public or private. If you set it to private, only your followers can see the content you share. Users who do not follow you yet, have the option to send you a request to follow you.
- Connect Facebook pages: You can connect your Personal Account with more than one Facebook page you administrate.
The Creator Account addresses specific types of users: influencers, artists, celebrities, and public figures. The Instagram Creator Account provides more options for sponsoring and cooperating with companies, especially for influencers.
The following features are available for the Creator Accounts:
Insights: The Creator Accounts provides access to the Facebook Creator Studio, where you get insights that are specifically tailored for marketing and brand cooperations, for example:
– Age and gender of your followers
– Weekly stats on posts, IGTV, and stories
– Follower Growth
- Messenger: As a Creator, you have the option of sorting direct messages by priority or relevance. This makes it easy to manage the mass of daily messages and keep track of it.
- Shoppable posts: Creators can now also publish shoppable posts on which selected products are linked. Followers can thus shop directly via Instagram what they see in the images. The checkout process also takes place directly within the app.
The Business Account offers a lot more options than a Personal and a Creator Account, for example placing ads or creating an online shop on Instagram. You can also make it easier for your followers to contact you with a special contact button, add business and industry information, and many things more. Instagram is an important communication channel for businesses, companies, entrepreneurs, and experts that will help you to increase the visibility of your content.
The following features are available for the Business Account:
- Insights within the app: Within the Instagram app you get metrics about your target parameters like cities and countries, age, gender, and the time your followers are online. You will also receive insights about the performance of your posts, like the number of likes and the range. With this information, you can refine your strategy and reach your audience perfectly.
- Placing ads: Facebook has an ad tool that can be used to create and display ads. These ads can also be shown on Instagram.
- Promote posts: With the Business Account you have the option to promote your posts.
- Create an online shop: With a Business Account, you can create a shop on Instagram to sell your products and get access to features like product tagging.For detailed instructions, you can take a look at the guide for setting up the online shop by Instagram.
- Links in stories: To prevent spam, Instagram has reduced website links as much as possible. You can add links in the bio and under the posts in the text field. However, the links are not clickable under the posts. Nevertheless, verified accounts and Business Accounts with 10,000 or more followers can place links in their stories. So followers only need to swipe up and they will land on the linked website.
- Contact button: Business Accounts can implement a contact button in their bio to simplify contact for followers. You can enter the telephone number or the email address. Potential customers can thus make use of the service without detours.
As you can see, the Instagram Business Account has way more and even useful features than the Creator and Personal Accounts. You can use these features to communicate your business, interact with your followers and promote your posts and products. So if you don’t have a Business Account yet, consider converting your Personal Account into a Business Account to benefit from all advantages. It can be useful, no matter whether you use it for your hobby or as a freelancer, entrepreneur, or expert, for your business company.
However, sharing posts and products regularly and manually can be very time-consuming. Social media automation is a good way to reduce the effort and still provide your followers with valuable content on a regular basis.
Save time for your Instagram posts by using Blog2Social
The WordPress plugin Blog2Social is a social media automation tool that enables you to organize your entire social media scheduling and sharing directly from your WordPress dashboard to Instagram as well as many other social platforms. You can schedule and share your website content, your blog posts, and product posts. You can also create and share any other social media posts consisting of texts, links, images, and videos automatically. A social media calendar shows you an overview of all scheduled posts. And, with the Blog2Social interface for the Instagram Business Account you can schedule and share your social media posts, especially for your Business Account.
Blog2Social also supports you with your Instagram Business post with the following features:
- customize your Instagram Business posts with individual comments, hashtags, handles, and emojis
- create a post template to automatically generate Instagram Business posts from your website content
- schedule your Instagram Business posts automatically at the best times and reach your followers when they are active on Instagram
So with Blog2Social you can easily schedule and share posts as well as products to increase the visibility of your content. The sole requirement to connect Blog2Social with an Instagram Business Account is a Facebook page that can be linked to your Instagram Business Account.
Getting curious? Start with Blog2Social now by following these steps:
1. Install Blog2Social
Install the Blog2Social plugin on your WordPress website first to connect your Instagram Business Account with it. If you are already working with Blog2Social Premium, you can skip this short introduction and continue directly with step 3.
In the following guide, you will find a detailed instruction on how to install Blog2Social on your WordPress website.
If you don’t know Blog2Social yet, we will show you how it works and how you can proceed step by step in this guide:
>> Step by Step guide to Blog2Social.
To connect Instagram Business is a feature of the Premium version. You can purchase your Blog2Social license to connect Blog2Social with your Instagram Business Account anytime.
>> Purchase your Blog2Social license.
If you have any questions about Blog2Social or if you need assistance choosing the right Premium license, please do not hesitate to contact us:
>> Contact Blog2Social.
2. Activate your license
After the installation, you can activate the license key of your purchased Premium version under the tabs “Blog2Social -> Premium”. Then paste the license key you received with an email and copied before in the respective field and click “Activate”.
3. Connect Blog2Social with your Instagram Business Account
If you already have a Business Account that is linked to a Facebook page, you can connect your Instagram Business Account with one click on “Networks”.
Your Instagram Business Account will be connected to Blog2Social via Facebook. Therefore, please make sure that your Instagram Business Account is linked to a Facebook page and that you have admin rights for this Facebook page.
By entering the login data of your Facebook page, Blog2Social automatically connects your WordPress website with the respective Instagram Business Account.
Do you have an Instagram Business Account but not a Facebook page or are you missing both?
If you have an Instagram Business Account but not a Facebook page, you can simply create a Facebook page that can be linked to your Business Account. You will find a detailed instruction that guides you through the process in the following guide under
>> “What if I already have an Instagram Business Account, but not a Facebook page?”.
If you are missing the Instagram Business account as well as the Facebook page, you can convert your Personal Instagram Account to a Business Account and create a Facebook page that can be linked to it. You will find a detailed instruction that guides you through the process in the following guide under
>> “What if I don’t have an Instagram Business Account and a Facebook page yet?”.
4. Share your posts and products on your Instagram Business Account
Now you can auto-post your posts and products on Instagram.
To do so you have two different options. When you are done with editing your post, you can click on “Customize & Schedule Social Media Post” in the right sidebar of your WordPress editor.
Or you can go to your Blog2Social dashboard, click on “Site & Blog Content” and select the blog post you like to share.
Both options will lead you to the Blog2Social one-page preview editor, where you can customize your posts for Instagram. You can select individual images for each post and schedule your social media posts. To change the featured image and select an individual picture to go with your post, simply click on “Change image”. A pop-up window will open, where you can choose another image from your blog post or from your media gallery. When you have finished your post, you can click on “Share”.
With Blog2Social you can save a lot of time for your Instagram Business posts. And, since Instagram is growing rapidly it is the best way to reach your audience and increase the visibility of your content. Take the chance and create an Instagram Business Account now!
Our Reader Score